Be the envy of your friends
You don’t need to show up at the beach or to your next event looking pale. With 5 different levels of tanning beds/standpups, we can help you get a healthly glow, even during the cold winter months. You can get a healthy, sun-kissed look without getting burned.
- 20 Min Tanning Bed
- 20 Min Basic Tanning With Facials
- 12 & 15 Minute Tanning With Facials
- 12 Minute Standup
- 8 & 9 Minute Standup
- 10 Min Tanning With Facials
A guide to achieve perfect sunbed color
The sun. It’s the fundamental ingredient for all life forms. Through its light, warmth and radiant energy, the sun provides the basis for all life on our planet. It stimulates the mind and the soul. It provides a sense of inner peace and well-being that both comforts and energizes. When the sun is shining, spirits are lifted and rejuvenated.
Regular exposure to sunlight can:
- strengthen bones
- regulate blood pressure
- reduce stress and tension
- keep hair, skin and nails strong and healthy
How Do We Tan?
The sun creates UV light, which is responsible for tanning and is divided into 2 categories: UVA or UVB.
UVA’s main role in the tanning process is oxidizing melanin, the browning pigment that tans the skin. UVB triggers melanin production in the skin. Both types of UV rays play a significant role and are needed for a balanced tanning process.
Tan a Shade Smarter
Follow the recommended exposure schedule for your skin type. If you’re unsure or have questions regarding your skin type, consult with your certified Sunkissed Salon Tan consultant, who will advise you on the proper procedures.
- Tans little or not at all Burns easily and severely, then peels.
- Usually burns easily and severely (Painful burn); Tans minimully and lightly; also peels.
- Burns moderately Gaines average tan.
- Burns minimally Tans easily and above average with each exposure.
- Rarely Burns Tans easily and substantially.
- Tans profousely and never burns
*Fitzpatrick Classification Scale – Thomas Fitzpatrick, MD
Skin Reaction Examples
- People most often with fair skin, blue eyes, freckles, white unexposed skin.
- People with fair skin, blue or hazel eyes, blonde or red hair, white unexsposed skin.
- Average Caucasian, white unexposed skin.
- People with light brown skin, dark brown hair, dark eyes, white or light brown unexposed skin. (Asians, Hispanics and Mediterraneans)
- Brown-skinned persons, brown unexposed skin. (East Indians, Hispanics, etc.)
- Persons with black skin. (Africans and African Americans, Australians and South Indian Aborigines)
Golden Rules of Tanning
Want the best possible glow? Follow these fundamental rules for tanning:
- Apply Skin Care Products
- Use quality tanning lotions before and hydrating lotions after tanning to keep an attractive tan looking better longer.
- Use an indoor tanning lotion to maximize the appearance of your tan.
- Choose from an array of tanning skin care products that are designed to work with any skin type and tanning level.
- Slow Down
- Never try to hurry a tan and always use common sense.
- Never tan more than once during a 24-hour period. Your skin needs downtime to properly maximize your color and skin care.
- Retain your desired color by tanning once or 2 to 3 times a week, depending on the level of the bed.
- Try a Cocktail Tan as an alternative to your weekly regimen.
- Wear Eye Protection
- Always wear protective eye goggles when tanning.